When seeking for financial assistance, you’ll discover that you have plenty of options but keep in mind that not all of them may be good for you. In this day and age, when most of us are struggling to live as modestly as possible while still trying to keep up with the demands of modern living, the last thing you want is to make a wrong financial move. Cost cutting may be a wise decision to keep your budget in control, but there are times when emergency expenses get in the way and this can put so much pressure on your already strained resources.
If you’re taking out a cash advance loan to help you in times of trouble, here are some tips for you so can keep your finances protected.
- Make sure you are clear about the payment demands and that you can pay back the loan in full and on time.
- Before signing the cash advance contract, read and understand the fine print.
- Submit truthful bank statements with your current deposit information. Having been approved after presenting a truthful proof of income is a good sign that your loan will be managed properly.
- Arrange the payment date in line with your next pay check. This way you can easily pay back your loan in full and in good time.
- Make sure you have enough funds on your payment due date. Not having sufficient funds could cause you a fortune from charges both from your payday loan company and from your bank for the withdrew attempt. You might also incur some charges for bounced checks as well as for bad automatic withdrawals.
- If you’re using payday loans more often than necessary, then consider seeking the help of a credit counsellor. Short term loans are not designed to be used liberally. Relying on outside sources for your monthly expenses is not a wise financial move. The key to being financially independent is trying to learn how to be more frugal and save some money.
- Know all your consumer rights. This is important especially when the company has illegal or unfair practices. And just in case your payday loan company does not comply with the contract terms, you can always file a complaint against them with your state agency.
- It would be wise if you can set aside some money as an emergency fund. Even though it might take you a year to save that money, you would be glad to have some extra money for emergency situations. When you use any of this money, make sure you pay it off as soon as you can.
Knowing what you’re getting into before signing a loan contract makes you a better consumer. So should anything wrong happen while you still have an active account, you can notice it easily and take the appropriate action immediately.